Join us on March 11 from noon to 1:00 PM at 365 Russell Senate Office Building, to discuss the crisis in Ukraine.
Food will be provided, but please bring your own drink. RSVP by Thursday, March 10 so we can plan food accordingly. PLEASE invite your colleagues!
Below are five readings to spur the discussion. Do not feel like you must read all the readings to come to the discussion:
- “Ukraine: Conflict at the Crossroads of Europe and Russia” by Jonathan Masters at Council on Foreign Relations on Dec. 21, 2021
- “Russia’s Menacing Mix of Religion and Nuclear Weapons” by Dmitry Adamsky at Foreign Affairs on March 5, 2021.
- “There Are Many Things Worse Than American Power” by Shadi Hamid at the Atlantic on March 6, 2022.
- “Putin Has a Grimly Absolute Vision of the ‘Russian World’” by Benjamin Young at ForeignPolicy.com on March 6, 2022.
- Excerpts from George Washington’s Farewell Address (1796).