Faith and Law COVID-19 Response
On March 12, 2020, Congress closed access to the Capitol Complex for all individuals other than Members of Congress, their staff, and credentialed press until further notice. Therefore, we have moved our Friday Forum sessions online for the foreseeable future.
While we miss meeting in person with Hill staffers and fellowshipping over Chick-fil-a, we have still enjoyed virtual Fridays together.
To continue the conversation of how timely public policy issues intersect with our Christian faith, we have shifted many of our talks to focus on public policy in light of the current crisis. Below you will find a list of talks specifically related to the global pandemic:
- The Economic Implications of the COVID-19 Crisis - Dr. Catherine Pakaluk, Catholic University
- The COVID-19 Impact on the Criminal Justice System: Amplifying the Need for Second Chances - Prison Fellowship panel
- Paid Family Leave: Supporting Families During the COVID-19 Crisis and the Post-Pandemic Society - Rachel Anderson, Center for Public Justice
- China and the Coronavirus - William Saunders and Chen Guangcheng, Catholic University
We have also heard from staffers that they are working harder and longer hours than ever before - causing high levels of stress. Here are a few past talks that may simply be encouraging to weary Hill staff.
- Staying the Course: Stories and Wisdom from 44 Years of Faith in Politics - Joe Pitts
- Horizon 2020: Opportunities and Challenges Facing the Christian Faith in a Year of Global Crisis - Os Guinness
- Bringing Jesus into your Workplace: Lessons I learned in Congress and as an Ambassador - Tony Hall
- The Power of Perseverance - Alan Sears
- The Faith of Ronald Reagan - Rev. John Boyles
- Divided Politics and Lonely Americans: Offering Hope and Healing to an Ailing America - Senator Ben Sasse and Os Guinness
- Finding the North Star: Understanding a Christian Worldview Framework for Working on the Hill - Fred Beuttler
- Loving Our Neighbor and the Race-Transcending Gospel - Trilla Newbell
Our virtual meetings are being hosted on Zoom. Privacy and security are of utmost importance to us and we are therefore requiring registration and passwords for all of our Friday Forum events. We closely administer these sessions and should an incident happen, we will quickly remove any disruptive participants.
We're praying for healing, safety and ultimately for God's glory to be shown during this difficult season.